David W. Curtis (6 Dec 1860 news item)
Friend Curtis (deceased) Mottville, had the following legal notices in the paper:
- 9 Nov 1850 through 1 March 1851
- 1 Jan 1857 through 15 Jan 1957
- 9 Nov 1850 through 4 Jan 1851
- 1 Jan 1857 through 15 Jan 1857
Norton S. Curtis (legal notices during all of July 1850)
Seth Curtis (news item 12 Jan 1850)
T. M. Curtis (news item 14 Oct 1858)
There were two other names in the newspaper index that I obtained copies of:
- Rev. Herschel Foster was mentioned in a news article on 1 Jan 1857 and 29 Jan 1857. The reason I wanted copies of his news articles was because I was looking for church records that recorded the marriages performed by Rev. Foster. I discovered in Benjamin Kingman Curtis' Civil War pension papers that Benjamin filled out a form stating that he was married by "Rev. Hershel Foster." Several people have looked for Rev. Foster's church records but they have still not been located. We do not know what church Rev. Foster belonged to, so we are looking at all church records that are available in the area.
- Benjamin married Sarah Lavantia Card. Both Benjamin, Sarah and some of her family were living in Park township during the 1850 census. Sarah's father, William Fuller Card, died in Park twp on 20 Aug 1846, five years prior to Benjamin and Sarah's marriage on 24 May 1851. Legal news for William F. Card was published in the newspaper from 9 Nov 1850 through 12 April 1851. The articles mentioned that Cyrus W. Card was the administrator of the estate. Cyrus was the son of William, and brother to Sarah.